New Tangent and a New Poem



Who are you.
By: Matthew Wayne

Who are you to tell me what to do
Who are you, standing there without a clue
It is my life you try and demonize
my morals you try and criminalize
big business behind pseudo-slavery
few are awake to honor true bravery
the land of the free has been invaded
through a silver tongue you've all been persuaded
A nation of cowards, you watch your liberties dissolve
A nation of sheep, lining up in front of this wall
as the firing squad targets your mind
at birth you have no perception of time.
Brainwashed you listen but do not watch
through the smoke and mirrors your attention has been bought
believing in a lie, rather then face the truth
deceiving ourselves along with our youth
When will you stop blindly follow, without questioning?
When will you take notice, and start observing?
War becomes a tool used by the greedy
as poverty becomes an excuse for the needy
Who are you to tell me how to live?
Who are you to tell me what to give?
Sacrifice, lies, and broken words, you fall from the sky like dead birds
hopes, dreams, and inspiration, you try and take from me out of sheer desperation
I am free to my dieing breath, so give me liberty or give me death.

-----------------------------------------

Tangent – April 13, 2009
By: Matthew Wayne

I often think back, and wonder if I would still be alive during the colonial and much of the Victorian eras. My often outspoken words, would have surly condemned me to the guillotine. I have also always wanted to have been able to meet Edgar Allen Poe. One of my biggest inspirations for my writing. Just the thought of understanding how his and many other great poets and authors mind's worked still sends chills down my spine.
I could never step foot into a confessional booth in today's generation, No longer is your confession with just god but rather with that of another mortals opinion and conviction. If your hell is real then that is where I will reside for all of eternity when I die. I've been told this most of my growing years, Where I could call them judgmental and a sinner for casting that first stone, yet the truth of the matter is my mind does in fact taint my soul. To rationalize like any other human on this planet, I often point out that actions make the man not their thoughts but while thoughts can provoke intent. I walk a thin line and often feel like a virtual time bomb. A sane man knows the difference between what is right and what is wrong. Yet we as humans who are as flawed as I, are the authors of those rights and wrongs. As much as Intelligence borders insanity, where love becomes a easy mark for hate and anger, Peace will never be obtained when war is simply a difference of opinion, where no side wishes to back down.
I have murdered in my mind the hope of our survival as a species on this planet. After all it is in our nature to destroy ourselves, as conflict is at the very core of our soul.

“Addiction becomes the name of the game,
where cheap thrills are easy to obtain
In a time when morality has become obscured
clinging to lies, while doubting an expert is considered absurd”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers