Forgiveness

Forgiveness
by: Matthew Wayne

Ever prayed before a candle light?
Or stared up at the stars at night?
Questioning every thought as wrong or right
can a sinner truly receive forgiveness?
In a age of cruelty can you really blame this?
Traveling this darkened stretch, while placing risky bets
knowing you lost when your shadow over comes you at the corner
and once again your crossing over the devil's border
even the scriptures share this common metaphor

We all must endure our own judgment
by god or the universe, you will face your corruption
the force of destruction, the voice of obsession
that eats at our core, the negativity that distorts our harmony

You could walk for miles and never find that one path
you could study for years and still never understand the math
you can even deny yourself the strongest of your desires
but today, the price of a man's soul can be as deep as the pockets of the buyers

I will walk before your cross, bow my head and pay my respects to all those we lost
but I will not claim your god, or your pagan symbols
Instead I will hold the value and weight of my own soul
for I know the energy of life and creation exists
So why waste this life's perfect little gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers