Lost Treasure's Collection - Now Available


"There is something within me holding me back
The wolves always on the prowl, ready for the attack
as I no longer recognize the face in the mirror staring me back"

Lost Treasure's Collection
by: Matthew Wayne
A collection of old Poetry and literature

https://www.createspace.com/3390099
Visit my E-store and buy a copy now
for only $12.50


"I can tell your hanging on by a single thread
The voices screaming inside your head
pulling at your hair, wishing you were dead
medicate your brain, trying to stay sane
all while you hold onto too much pain."

"The Day of Mourning"
(Lost Treasure's Collection)

Time slowly creeps on by
before you know it, it's your time to die
trading your soul for just more time
even sober I can't walk their straight line
while presidents commit political crimes

My voice heard by the tip of this pen
remembering what it was like back then
I can still feel the pain, scars burned in my brain
and the thought of going insane
can you reach your dreams?, or touch your god?
a ghostly visage, a desert mirage
offspring of knowledge
sons and daughters of the white coat sage
no more lies, no more killing
a utopia for the filling
thousands of followers, devout believers
sheep to the herd of deceivers.

A slave to the market
A broken government, that fails to commit
A wasted life, filled with regret

Pick away your flesh until you reach bone
while you pray your sins will atone
for when you die, you are alone
A devil in disguise, claiming your soul as the prize
No where left to run,
No escape for the sins you've done

The Sun is setting, your thoughts regressing
all while your body decays, screaming gods name
suffering from a lifetime of pain

There was once a garden full of flowers
and romance that lasted for hours
just a fading memory now, that will live forever
in my mind as if hidden treasure
and an even more sinful pleasure
burn your resolution, searching for absolution
killing your ambition, all in the name of your addiction
for when you have nothing left,
you will pray for death.


...........
As I am sure you are all aware, I'm not very good at self promotion haha. However I am very excited to offer you all the chance to own a copy of my hard work. The poetry and literature comprised in this collection are old, some dating back more then Ten plus years. A lot of them had to be pieced together just for them to be coherently readable. I know I also said it was only $12 but I decided to put an extra .50c to cover the "Taxes" yes big brother has to get their greedy hands into everything, but even still at 12.50 I feel is a good buy for a great read.

Since I had just approved of its release, it still has yet to make its way over to Amazon.com but once it does I'll send over the link as Im sure more people have amazon accounts then createspace. Just remember I am not making much money off this title, infact one wouldnt even count it as "profitable" I am mainly releaseing this more so for myself then the public as this is my first publication, I am also dedicating this book to a dear friend of mine and mentor. She passed away not to long ago, lived a full and rich life and was also one of the few who encouraged me to persue my passion for writing and I felt no better way then to thank her by dedicating this title to her. Jaent Bridges, you will be missed..

Also since this is my first publication its a big deal, and have offered a few of my close friends autographed copies of my book, however if you are interested in a autographed copy of the book simply email me waynecanning@hotmail.com or leave a message here, with a way I can get in touch with you. Since it will still cost me, the price will still be there unfortuniately, If only I was made of money I'd give them out for free haha.
So to all my readers, I hope you enjoy this title.

1 comment:

  1. once i can save some money i will ask for an autographed book :D its so kewl, I am even getting the hint of energy to write again thanks for inspiring! ttys and ggrats on your first publishing :D-kia

    ReplyDelete

Followers